Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Long day at work

Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard. Oh, that's right, to support my fashion, hair, and beauty addiction....LOL, almost forgot there.
Randomness aside, today was the perfect day to try something that always works. I wasn't feeling it in the lipstick department, if you know what I mean. With the colors that I wore today, and the way I styled my hair, I sorta looked overdressed, so putting on a bright set of lips would have really been over the top.

So what did I do? My never fails lip-cipe (er, whatev)....mix a "cool" lipstick along with a "warm" lipstick on your lips, and 99% of the time, you'll have AWESOME results. I tend to start with the warm first, since those colors are darkest usually. Then I appply the cool tone over the warm tone, generally with a lip brush.

It's just one of those things that no one sits down to teach you. I was 19, broke, and only had two "nubs" of lipstick to get me through the day. The mixture turned out to be one of my favorite beauty discoveries. It's been 10 years, and I still do it with lipsticks and lipglosses. Try it, it's fun seeing what color you're going to come up with!

No comments: