Saturday, September 26, 2009

My latest reads....a quick overview.

I blogged a few weeks ago about some books that are on their way to me. They got here, they've been read, and now here's my unbiased reviews in order from worst to best.

Worst Read / Intertwined: 1 out of 4 stars. This book had way too much going on. To read my Goodreads review, click here.

Not Too Bad Read /The Truth About Forever: 2.5 out of 4 stars. It was a mushy little love story about a girl whose father dies. I think the book is very appealing to YA fans, and if I was 10 years younger, I would have absolutely loved it.

Beautiful Read / Shiver: 4 out of 4 stars. Amazingly written. I loved being able to see and hear from both sides of the "coin". Maggie S. wrote a true masterpiece. Something very poignant to me, were the temperature readings at the beginning of each chapter. It enabled me to really feel the suspense over Sam and his inner struggle. Beautiful love story. Don't miss out on Linger, the sequel.

A kick in the gut never felt so good Read / Lament: 4 out of 4 stars. A kick in the gut never felt so good. Another Maggie masterpiece. The moment Luke arrives into her life, Dee is swept away by his "Homicidal Faerie Assassin Good Looks". At first, it seems like this is your typical YA paranormal romance, but it's so way beyond that, I'm embarrased to have even considered it. It's a story about survival, love, and sacrifice. When you have love in the middle, it makes for GREAT storytelling. That's what Lament is, a great story. Don't miss out on Ballad, the standalone sequel to Lament.

Most Favorite Read / Graceling: 5 out of 4 stars. Epic. Liberating. Sensual. Driven. Love. Loss. GIRL POWER. This book is so far beyond amazing, it's difficult for me to write any coherent thoughts beyond 1-word sentences. Po stole my heart. Katsa had both my envy and my respect. This story will go down as one of the greatest Mythical Fantasy romances I've ever read. Don't miss out on Fire, the prequel and standalone, which I read is even better than the first.

No comments: