Sunday, February 07, 2010

Eyes Like Stars (The Théâtre Illuminata: Act 1) Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I haven't felt quite this way about a book since I read The Hunger Games. I was totally sucked in to this world of plays, stage life, and above all, romance. The faeries childlike and annoying behavior was laugh-out-loud funny. The descriptive set props and scenery were so properly penned that I felt as if I was on stage with Bertie. What I wasn't expecting and absolutely loved was the magic, oh what a world to live in! I caught myself bursting into laughter on several occasions, and bursting into tears in others. This was a riveting read, and for one split second, when I was nearing the end of the book...I panicked. Would there be a sequel? There HAD to be a sequel. The likes of this book demand continuation, and thankfully, Lisa Mantchev is going to deliver - May 10, 2010 we will get the continuation to Bertie's story.Nate, I hope you get your happy ending.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: