Friday, February 12, 2010

First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book took me by surprise. I'm very much Team Cat & Bones, so to read something from their world that wasn't centered around them felt almost as if I was cheating on them.
Surprise, surprise! Spade/Denise are just as wonderful as Cat/Bones in their own unique way.

I throughly enjoyed the character development for these two. In the Night Huntress series, they are portrayed very true to character (based on this book) Spade the brooder, and Denise the widow. However, we got to see their true colors, their motivations, their vices, and most of all, the power they have eventually developed over each other.

One thing I liked was that you do not have to read the Night Huntress series to pick-up this book and love it.

Jeaniene Frost. What a woman. Your women are as sassy as some of us wish we could be, and your men are as delectable as they come. Keep it up, cannot wait for the Mencheres spin-off, which I'm sure will keep me up at night devouring it the way I devoured this book.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: